The idea is to protect the equipment by conditioning the power as well as allowing the equipment to be properly shutdown in case of an extended outage. Depending on your budget, it is also often to maintain availability in case of power loss but with that service level you often have power generation in addition to a UPS.
A UPS is in addition to backups and has no direct correlation to backups beyond being a best practice within properly run IT infrastructure. Without a UPS you could lose data, have a hardware failure, and have system availability interrupted. Plus, any UPS worth a damn also does line conditioning to protect the hardware from current and voltage variations, extending the lifetime of your hardware.
Tripp Lite 16kVA SmartOnline Hot-Swappable Modular Rack/Tower UPS offers 16,000 VA on-line, double-conversion UPS support for server, network and telecommunications equipment. Maintains battery-derived AC output during blackouts with active, full-time power conditioning.
Fault-tolerant auto-bypass prevents unexpected service interruptions during overload or internal fault conditions. 4U power module and 4U external battery pack installs in 8 rack spaces (8U). Upright tower installation supported with optional accessories. Maintains full-time sine wave output within 3% of selectable 208/120 or 240/120V AC. Corrects brownouts and overvoltages from 65V to 140V (L-N).
Expandable runtime with optional external battery packs. Converts raw input from AC to DC, then resynthesizes output power back to perfect sine wave AC output with enhanced protection from harmonic distortion, fast electrical impulses and other hard-to-solve power problems not addressed by other UPS types. Highly efficient operation in optional economy mode setting, saving BTU heat output and energy costs.
Network-grade AC surge and noise suppression. Network management interfaces include combination DB9 RS-232 enabled and dry contact serial port, enhanced USB port and slot for network management card options. The HID-compliant USB interface enables integration with built-in power management and auto shutdown features of Windows and Mac OS X.
Supports simultaneous detailed monitoring of equipment load levels, self-test data and utility power conditions via all 3 network interfaces. PowerAlert UPS monitoring software is available via free download. Supports Emergency Power Off (EPO) via built-in interface. Front panel LEDs and LCD readout with scroll controls support visual monitoring of all major UPS functions.
LED/LCD display panel easily rotates for viewing in rackmount or tower configurations. Split phase 4 conductor hardwire input and output supported. UPS supported outlets include two L6-30R, six C19 and 5 low voltage 5-15/20R. Output connections are mounted on a detachable backplate with manual bypass switch to enable hot-swappable UPS replacement without powering off connected equipment. External battery packs are field replaceable and hot-swappable. Attractive all-black color scheme.
If you looking for UPS for server that delivers above 10kVA, online-double conversion technology, network management, and hot-swap batteries, so this unit is for you. It’s a big and heavy but built with high-quality construction that worth investing.
- True online, double-conversion UPS provides pure, full-time sine wave AC output free of surges, voltage fluctuations and line noise.
- 16,000 VA/11,200 watt output power capacity with dual voltage output of 208/120 or 240/120V.
- 4U high power density power module and 4U external battery pack supports rackmount installation in 8 rack spaces.
- Dual conversion UPS actively converts raw input from AC to DC, then back to perfect sine wave AC output with enhanced protection from harmonic distortion, fast electrical impulses and other hard-to-solve power problems not addressed by other UPS types.
- Hardwire input terminals, hardwire output and output receptacles are mounted on a detachable backplate with manual bypass switch to enable hot-swappable UPS replacement without powering off connected equipment.
- Provides perfectly regulated, sine wave output power free of line noise, transient surges and frequency variation for the most efficient operation of critical servers, networking and telecommunications equipment.
- Maintains output within 3% of selected 208/120 or 240/120V nominal voltage during brownouts and overvoltages.
- Supports connected equipment during blackouts for 12/5 minutes at half/full load levels, runtime is further expandable with optional external BP192V18-4U battery packs.
- Some external battery configurations require the use of Tripp Lite’s External Battery Configuration Software (see manual).
- Intelligent battery management system extends battery life.
- Highly efficient economy mode option.
- Network interfaces support simultaneous communications via DB9 port, USB port and slot for network management card options.
- Compatible with Tripp Lite UPS management card options TLNETCARD, WEBCARDLX, SNMPWEBCARD, MODBUSCARD and RELAYIOCARD.
- DB9 port supports RS-232 and dry contact messaging.
- HID-compliant USB interface enables integration with built-in power management and auto shutdown features of Windows and Mac OS X.
- USB & Serial ports enable data-saving unattended shutdown when used with Tripp Lite’s PowerAlert software, available via FREE download from www.tripplite.com/poweralert.
- Built-in Emergency Power Off (EPO) interface with cable.
- Includes 13 output receptacles (2 L6-30R, 6 C19, 5 NEMA 5-15/20R) plus hardwire output, all of which are available for simultaneous use.
- Split phase, 4 conductor hardwire input connection (featured on included detachable PDU).
- Front panel LEDs and LCD readout with scroll button enables visual confirmation of all major UPS functions and current site electrical conditions.
- Front panel switches enable power on/off control, self-test and alarm cancel functions.
- Included adjustable mounting rails support installation in 4 post 19 inch rack enclosures.
- Optional 2POSTRMKITHD enables 2 post rackmount installation.
- Optional 2-9USTAND set of tower stands supports upright tower installation.
- Fault tolerant electronic bypass maintains utility output during a variety of UPS fault conditions.
- $250,000 Ultimate Lifetime Insurance (U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico only).
- 1500VA/900W Intelligent LCD Battery Backup Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) System
- 12 NEMA 5-15R OUTLETS: (6) Battery Backup & Surge Protected Outlets, (6) Surge Protected Outlets safeguard desktop computers, workstations, networking devices and home entertainment equipment
- MULTIFUNCTION LCD PANEL: Displays immediate, detailed information on battery and power conditions, including: estimated runtime, battery capacity, load capacity, etc.
- AUTOMATIC VOLTAGE REGULATION (AVR): Corrects minor power fluctuations without switching to battery power, thereby extending the life of the battery
- 3-YEAR WARRANTY – INCLUDING THE BATTERIES, $500,000 Connected Equipment Guarantee and FREE PowerPanel Personal Edition Management Software (Download)
- 1500VA / 900W Backup Battery power supply
- 10 Outlets (NEMA 5-15R): 5 UPS Battery Backup with Surge Protection Outlets, and 5 Surge Protector Only Outlets
- Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR) instantly corrects low/high voltage fluctuations, and is Active PFC compatible
- 1 GB network dataline protection, 6' Power Cord, right-angle 3-prong wall plug (NEMA 5-15P), and FREE Windows PC power-management software (Mac OS uses native "Energy Saver" Settings)
- Backed by APC's 3-YEAR WARRANTY, plus a $250,000 connected-equipment policy
- 1500VA/1000W PFC Sine Wave Battery Backup Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) System - designed to support active PFC and conventional power supplies
- 12 NEMA 5-15R Outlets: Six battery backup & surge protected outlets, six surge protected outlets safeguard servers, workstations, network devices, and telecom equipment. Two USB charge ports (one Type-A and one Type-C) power portable devices such as mobile phones and tablets, even during a utility power failure
- Multifunction LCD Panel with Color Display: Displays immediate, detailed information on the UPS battery and power conditions. The color display quickly alerts users to potential problems before they can affect critical equipment and cause downtime. Screen tilts up to 22 degrees for easy viewing
- Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR): Corrects minor power fluctuations without switching to battery power, thereby extending the life of the battery
- 3-YEAR WARRANTY INCLUDING THE BATTERY; $500,000 Connected Equipment Guarantee and FREE PowerPanel Personal Edition Management Software (Download)
Last update on 2020-08-10 at 22:03