Coronavirus (COVID-19) might be keeping people apart but music is bringing them together, help us feel connected and feel less stress. When listening to music that you enjoy, dopamine, the “feel-good” chemical and serotonin, the “happy” chemical is released in your brain giving you a sense of pleasure and boosting your mood.
Along with dopamine and serotonin that is released when listening to music, oxytocin is a hormone released while singing which can alleviate stress and anxiety. Studies have found that singing decreases feelings of depression and loneliness. You don’t have to be a great singer to sing! Also, any kind of active engagement in music can help relieve stress such as playing an instrument or moving/dancing to music.
Social distancing and geographical isolation do not have to result in social isolation. In the face of uncertainty and panic, music is a social balm for soothing anxiety, enhancing community connections and acting in defiance of a threat to community spirit. There’s no one-size-fits-all when it comes to music selection and no special genre that works the best so listen to what you enjoy! 15-20 minutes a day is all you need to actively listen, relax, and reset.
There are so many music streaming services during COVID-19 times, you’d be forgiven for letting one completely fly under your radar — in this case, a pretty major one: Amazon Prime Music Unlimited. If you’re a Prime member, you’ve actually had access to Amazon Prime, ad-free listening experience of 2 million songs compatible across numerous devices!
By upgrading to Amazon Prime Music Unlimited, however, you’ll get access to, well, an unlimited library of songs (featuring 60 million songs and thousands of expert-programmed playlists and stations) and a handful of curated playlists by real, live human beings. You can listen to any song, anytime, anywhere, on all your devices – smartphone, tablet, PC/Mac, Fire TV, and Alexa-enabled devices like Amazon Echo. You’ll never hear or see an ad, and of course, you can download songs or playlists for offline listening. Amazon Music Unlimited gets to know you, personalizing your recommendations based, on your listening habits, from a catalog of 60 million songs.
What is the difference between Prime Music and Amazon Music Unlimited?
Prime Music is included with your Prime membership at no additional cost. It features 2 million songs and more than a thousand playlists and stations programmed by Amazon’s music experts. On Prime Music, you’ll find the perfect soundtrack for your backyard BBQ, your morning run, or your evening study session. Play music on all your favorite devices and download to play offline.
With Amazon Music Unlimited, you get all of the great features and functionality of Prime Music…and a lot more. Amazon Music Unlimited offers 60 million songs and thousands of expert-programmed playlists and stations, including the hottest new releases from today’s most popular artists. Amazon Music Unlimited’s vast catalog allows you to dig deep into the vaults of your favorite artists, enjoy the latest and greatest hits, and explore new genres and styles. Prime members can join Amazon Music Unlimited for only $7.99/month for a monthly subscription or $79/year for an annual subscription. Non-Prime customers pay $9.99/month.
If you’re a Prime subscriber, especially if you’ve got Alexa-enabled devices, you should seriously consider Music Unlimited. Not only will you save $2 per month over Spotify Unlimited or Apple Music, but you’ll be using a service that’s made for the speakers you’ve peppered your home with.
Amazon Music Unlimited Benefit
- Helps you to feel less stressed.
- Large music library.
- Cool scrolling lyrics.
- Useful Amazon-specific features.
- Ad-free listening.
- Mobile apps.
- Tight integration with Amazon Echo & Alexa devices.
- Our most popular smart speaker - Now available with an LED display that can show the time, outdoor temperature, or timers.
- Perfect for your nightstand - Ask Alexa to set an alarm. Tap the top to snooze. The light sensor automatically adjusts the display’s brightness, day or night.
- Voice control your music - Stream songs from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Sirius XM, and others. You can also listen to audiobooks from Audible.
- Enjoy stereo sound - Pair with a second Echo Dot for rich, stereo sound. Fill your home with music with compatible Echo devices in different rooms.
- Ready to help - Ask Alexa to play music, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, set alarms, control compatible smart home devices, and more.
- Alexa can show you more – Compact 5.5” smart display ready to help manage your day, entertain at a glance, and connect you to friends and family.
- Made to fit your life – Cook along to step-by-step recipes. Easily update to-do lists and calendars. Glance at weather and traffic on your way out.
- Big entertainment – Ask Alexa to show you movie trailers, TV shows, movies, or the news. Or listen to radio stations, podcasts, and audiobooks.
- Control your smart home – Voice control compatible devices or manage them on the easy-to-use display. Ask Alexa to show you security cameras, control lights, and adjust thermostats.
- Connect with video calling and messaging – Call friends and family who have the Alexa app, an Echo device with a screen, or Skype. Make announcements to other devices in your home.
- Meet the Echo Plus - Same great sound as our Echo (3rd Gen) with a built-in Zigbee hub to easily setup and control your compatible smart home devices.
- Enjoy premium sound - Personalize your listening experience by adjusting the equalizer settings. Or pair with a second Echo Plus (2nd Gen) or Echo (3rd Gen) for stereo sound and add more bass with an Echo Sub.
- Voice control your music - Ask Alexa for a song, artist, or genre from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, and more. With multi-room music, play music on compatible Echo devices in different rooms.
- Voice control your smart home - Turn on lights, adjust thermostats, lock doors, and more with compatible connected devices. Create routines to start and end your day.
- Keep your family in sync - Use your Alexa devices like an intercom and talk to any room in the house with Drop In and Announcements.
Last update on 2020-08-13 at 20:12