Looking for TV antennas for digital TV 200-mile range? or something more modest, such as 100 or 150 miles.? The reality is that you’ll be hard-pressed to reach any of these types of distances, that’s basically a pipe dream. Don’t be duped by tiny outdoor tv antennas and flat antennas advertising crazy range, it’s impossible due to their geometry and size.
Most TV signals will begin to degrade drastically after approximately 60 miles. That means any reception received beyond that will be “iffy” at best. So, in order to receive strong signals from longer distances, you are best going with a bigger antenna with multiple sensing elements, mounted at a sufficient height.
Don’t be duped by tiny outdoor tv antennas and flat antennas advertising crazy range, it’s impossible due to their geometry and size. Radio signals are no different than light – the more distance you put between you and it, the harder it is to perceive… and receive.
Bigger is better in these situations! You should be considering a larger style antenna. Particularly if you live on those fringe areas with trees, valleys, mountains or any other obstructions that are likely going to be an issue.! Also, higher mounting in most circumstances is better too, generally speaking. An important step is to know where your broadcast towers lie in proximity to your antenna mounting.
Things to consider when locating your antenna:
- Try to find a location that has the clearest path to your broadcast towers.
- Keep your coax cable runs as short as possible in order to maximize signal strength to your tuner. Remember every 100 feet of cable can lose you anywhere between 1.5 dB’s and 5 dB depending on the frequency you’re trying to tune in.
- Don’t cheap out on the coax cabling used! Use a high-quality RG6 cable.
- Ground your antenna properly! Not only does this provide a layer of safety, but it will also aid in the reduction of “noise” that can cause poor signal quality.
Here is what we would recommend as the best long-range TV antennas for digital TV on Amazon!
1. FiveStar Outdoor HD TV Antenna 2019 Newest Model Up To 200 Miles Range
New design model, the FSA 3806 is designed to receive terrestrial digital TV signals, which uses high-quality, low-noise MMIC design for digital terrestrial television weak signal environments. It’s 6 UHF elements design allows for receiving more channels with better image & audio quality. This model has a reception radius of 200 miles thanks to the additional VHF reflectors and longer band enable 25% more gain area than other popular models.
- 2019 MODEL NEWEST DESGIN: Clear HD image quality. Package includes: 1x Five Star Antenna, 1x Antenna Installation Kit (40ft & 4ft Coax Cable, 4-way Splitter to watch 4 TVs, 15pcs Cable Clips), J-Pole
- "Auto Gain Control": Gain 15-35db, New technology for adjusting high quality signal reception performance.
- Built-in Super Low Noise Amplifier: Operating Frequency 45-860MHz. Built-in LTE filter which removes the interference caused by 4G phone signals and ensure the noise-free digital TV reception.
- Full band DTV/VHF/UHF Receiver: Supports 4K HD TV, 1080p,1080l, 720p Broadcast, Radio. 360 Degree Rotation. US, Canada, Mexico, Latin America and around the world Free up to 200 Local HDTV Channels for $0/Month
- Benefits: Two extra UHF elements and Up to 50% larger VHF elements to enhance the UHF/VHF channel reception and better image quality. Up to 25% more reflected area to enhance the receptions for all Channels. High quality copper cable to enhance the signal transmission from antenna to the receiver. Special wind proof design to enhance the durability of the Antenna. By using much higher quality material to make this antenna to last longer in all weather conditions.
2. Pingbingding HDTV Antenna Amplified Digital Outdoor Antenna 150 Miles Range
This pingbingding Compact Outdoor Antenna provides local television in full 1080 HD quality, for free. Its pre-assembled design mounting hardware provides a variety of placement options. This WA-2608 series is engineered to respond to a greater range of frequencies along with a wide beam angle eliminating the need for rotation. All pingbingding TV antennas are precision-tuned to receive both UHF and VHF frequencies and will provide you with the most HD content.
- 150 Miles Long Range and Dual TV Outputs --Full HDTV support 720p, 1080i, 1080p | Working Frequency: VHF 170 - 230MHz | UHF 470 - 860MHz | Receive free digital broadcast high definition TV signals. Support 2 TVs at the same time without a spliter. no special adapter needed.
- Snap-On Installation--Snap On Elements no tools required. Comes with an easy-to-follow user manual so you can install the antenna with ease.
- Wireless remote controller -- Built-in 360 degree motor rotor | Built-in Super High Gain and Low Noise Amplifier | includes 40FT RG6 Coaxial cable. Easy for you to place it to get the best reception in your house.
- Weather Resistant-- 150 miles antenna is for outdoor using. Antenna is lightning protected, durable design with grounding done -don't get struck out by bad weather.
- What you get -- pingbingding outdoor antenna with wireless remote, power supply adapter , 40FT RG6 Coaxial Cable and Mounting Pole.Together with 45 Days Money Back, One Year Guarantee and Friendly, Easy-to-reach Support.
3. VIEWPRO Compact Outdoor Amplified HDTV Antenna 150 Mile
VIEWPRO Compact Outdoor Antenna, a pre-assembled design mounting hardware provide a variety of placement options. Enhanced reception technology for more channels, receive both UHF and VHF frequencies and will provide you with the most HD content. This model support 2 TVs at the same time, non-splitter.
- Enjoy Free HD Channels - Say Goodbye to Cable TV and Huge Bills! Receive free, full, live HD channels and save 1020USD annually on cable fees
- Top Design - up to 150 miles long range and dual TV outputs ,support 2 TVs at the same time without a splitter. Built-in Smart IC Chip Next generation & Crystal Clear Filter Technology to picks up signals,the new technology filters out cellular and FM signals resulting in clearer picture, low noise and access to more free broadcast TV signals with enhanced gain, range and frequency performance.
- Enjoy Free HD Channels - Say Goodbye to Cable TV and Huge Bills! Receive free, full, live HD channels and save 1020USD annually on cable fees.
- Easy Installation - Comes with an easy-to-follow user manual so you can install the antenna with ease.Few steps to enjoy all your local digital HD channels and broadcasts including ABC, CBS, NBC, PBC, Fox and others.
- What you get -- outdoor antenna with wireless remote, power supply adapter, 33ft coaxial cable and mounting pole. Together with 45 days money back, Lifetime guarantee and friendly, easy-to-reach support.
4. RCA Outdoor Yagi Satellite HD Antenna w/ 150 Mile Range
This innovative RCA Amplified Indoor Antenna provides both network and local television in full 1080 HD quality, for free. Made for difficult reception environments, this advanced antenna with SmartBoostTM amplification outperforms TV antennas available from other manufacturers. This compact outdoor antenna is designed to maximize signal reception and integrate seamlessly into any home environment, indoors or out.
- Enjoy top-rated HDTV network programming and your favorite shows for Free with no monthly fee or subscription
- Use the brand new RCA Signal Finder App to find broadcast towers in your area and the best placement for your antenna!
- Supports 1080i HDTV broadcasts for high-quality picture and sound with a 150 mile total range, or up to 70+ miles from the broadcast towers
- Withstands tough outdoor conditions with durable construction and materials. Superior reception outdoors or even when mounted in the attic.
- Simplifies installation with pre-assembled design, easy-lock fold-out UHF reflector and snap-lock elements - Includes mast, locking mast clamp, mounting hardware and 75-ohm matching transformer
Home Antenna - FIVESTAR FSA 1806 - up to 200 Mile Reception Outdoor HDTV Antenna
OTA Antenna 150 Mile Range Free HD Quality TV
I bought this antenna from Walmart for $59. It works great. I haven't mounted it on a pole as of today, but I'm going to figure out where to put it soon. Today is ...
What is the Best Antenna for TV without Cable? - - VENTS MagazineMarch 20, 2019 - VENTS Magazine
More and more homes are cutting off cables and ditching the pricey satellite dishes which rake up huge unnecessary monthly bills for free to air broadcast ...
Is Now the Time to Get a TV Antenna? - ConsumerReports.orgSeptember 19, 2018 - ConsumerReports.org
TV antennas are making a comeback, thanks to new streaming options and other factors. Consumer Reports helps you determine whether you should consider ...
The Best Outdoor TV Antennas on Amazon, According to Hyperenthusiastic Reviewers - New York MagazineApril 24, 2018 - New York Magazine
Cut the cord with these outdoor TV antennas, attic TV antennas, and indoor TV antennas that you can buy on Amazon....
Last update on 2019-09-19 at 06:09