Asus VivoBook S S410UN-NS74 is a portable, elegant and powerful laptop provides boundless productivity on the go. Powered by the latest 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8550U (Turbo up to 4.0GHz) quad-core processor and dedicated NVIDIA GeForce MX150 graphics 2GB. Matched with 8GB of DDR4 memory and a 256GB Solid State Drive (SSD), so performance will never be an issue. It also offers a 14-inch NanoEdge display in a frame size that’s typical of smaller, 13-inch laptops. If you’re looking for a laptop around $800 that delivers great overall performance and an ultra-thin bezel, the Asus VivoBook S410UN-NS74 checks all those boxes.
Asus VivoBook S S410UN-NS74 comes with a compact and lightweight design with just 0.7-inch thin profile and an overall weight of only 3.2 lbs. It has a 14-inch display, with an overall footprint that’s on the small side of ultraportable, fairly trimmer than most 14-inch laptops. It’s perfect for working remotely in a café or watching movies during a flight. And with its nicely brushed-aluminum lid and stylish design finished in Icicle Gold, it’s one of the most eye-catching, too.
An ultrathin bezel Full HD 1080p non-touch screen is perhaps the VivoBook’s best features yet. With its NanoEdge design, the ASUS VivoBook S410 features an incredible 77% screen-to-body ratio for more immersive viewing. The display features an anti-glare coating and 178° wide-view technology maintain vivid colors and contrast, even when viewed at sharp angles. Ideal for viewing media or documents with friends and colleagues.
ASUS Splendid utility lets you choose from various display modes ensures the best image quality for any type of content with a single click. It features four display modes; Normal mode is ideal for daily tasks; Vivid mode optimizes contrast to deliver stunning photos and video; Eye Care mode reduces blue light levels to ease eye strain; and Manual mode allows for personalized color adjustments.
On the S410UN-NS74 is an illuminated chiclet-style keyboard with 1.4mm of travel. It has a shallow, flat typing feel, and the plastic keys have a stiff feedback offers a good typing experience. But its lack of a numeric keypad, which is such a pain especially when doing excel, accounting and financial spreadsheet.
Beneath the keyboard is a buttonless touchpad that supports Windows Precision Touchpad (PTP) standards, so it delivers smooth tracking, writing and multi-finger gesture recognition. It also integrated palm rejection technology to counter unintentional cursor movement, helping improve accuracy. There’s a fingerprint reader in the upper right corner that works well with Windows Hello gestures.
Enjoy lag-free multitasking with the latest Intel Core i7-8550U is a 1.8GHz (Turbo up to 4.0GHz) quad-core CPU with Hyper-Threading, 8GB of DDR4 memory, 256GB Solid State Drive (SSD) and dedicated NVIDIA GeForce MX150 graphics card. So, this is a system suited for both work and gaming, however, not for modern games. Nevertheless, Asus VivoBook S S410UN-NS74 is capable of handling pretty much anything about productivity task. It may not be the fastest machine on the market, but it powerful enough on both work and play, especially when you factor in the price.
For battery life, ASUS claimed the VivoBook offers up to 7 to 8 hour battery life. We can get just about 3 and a half hours for our daily task (photo editing, Word documents, emails, browsing web, YouTube and social media). However, the battery can last about 5 hours during our movie tests. That means you’ll get to see almost two movies which enough for a movie over a short flight.
The VivoBook S410 does offer excellent connectivity. It features a USB 3.1 with reversible USB Type-C (USB-C) port for any-way-up connections and superfast data transfers. Additional USB 3.1 and two USB 2.0 ports, along with a HDMI port and SD card slot, provide hassle-free compatibility with a wide range of peripherals, displays, and projectors.
Asus VivoBook S S410UN-NS74 is an affordable Core i7 laptop that stands out from the crowd in terms of sleek design, ultrathin bezels Full HD display, and everything you need for versatility and performance.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8550U (Turbo up to 4.0GHz) quad-core processor and dedicated NVIDIA GeForce MX150 graphics 2GB
- 8GB DDR4 RAM and 256GB SSD
- 14″ Full HD WideView display with up to 178° WideView and ASUS NanoEdge bezel for a stunning 77% screen-to-body ratio
- Slim 12.8″ wide, 0.7″ thin and portable footprint with metal cover and backlit keyboard with fingerprint sensor
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.1 Type-C (Gen1), USB 3.0, USB 2.0, HDMI, & headphone/mic combo port
ASUS VivoBook S Thin & Light Laptop, 14″ FHD, Intel Core i7-8550U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, GeForce MX150, NanoEdge Display, Backlit Kbd, FP Sensor – S410UN-NS74
- 15.6 inch Full HD (1920x1080) 4-way NanoEdge bezel display with a stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Compatible with Google Classroom; run Google Classroom on Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11
- Latest 10th Gen Intel Core i3-1005G1 CPU (4M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM and 128 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- Ergonomic backlit keyboard with fingerprint sensor activated via Windows Hello
- Powerful & efficient Intel Celeron N4020 Processor (up to 2.8 GHz), 64GB eMMC storage, and 4GB DDR4 RAM
- Secure with a fingerprint sensor integrated with Touchpad and a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) to store all your passwords
- 14 inch glossy screen in a 13 inch frame with NanoEdge Full HD and a touchscreen display with up to 178° viewing angle optimized for entertainment
- Windows 10 Home in S Mode with 1-month Microsoft 365 trial for new customers
- Lightweight and easy to take on-the-go at 1.5kg with a chiclet keyboard
- Powerful and efficient 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U Processor 1.8 GHz (Turbo up to 4.0 GHz)
- 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) Wide View color-rich display.Wireless Data Network 802.11AC Bluetooth 4.1 Battery:3 Cells 42 Whrs Battery
- High performance 256GB SSD and 8GB DDR4 RAM
- Slim 14.2" wide, 0.7" thin; 0.3" ASUS Nano Edge bezel with 80% screen-to-body ratio
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.1 Type-C (Gen 1), USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and HDMI; Dual band 802.11ac Wi-Fi
Last update on 2021-04-21 at 05:02